Located in the center of the town, is the popular Pontypool market. If you want to learn more about it, Look at Adventurefootstep now. The building that was built in 1893 and is grade 2 listed. From 2013 to 2015, it has cost £2.5 million to remodel it. Final designs were finished in June 2015. There are 42 individually rented stalls within the market.
The market’s aim is to create a diverse shopping experience to clients. Business owners should be thrilled and dedicated to providing high quality service.
Recently, Haggles owned by Gareth Lane opened a stall at Pontypool market. Haggles is a seller of designer bags, jewellery, watches, women & children’s clothing at discount rates.
Now in stock are labels such as Timberland, Hugo Boss, Ralph Lauren Calvin Klein, Ted Baker, and more. There are also High street brands from River Island & Very.
Available stalls in Pontypool indoor market
- Catering stalls – For food retailers without food requirements
- Non-food stalls – For non-catering businesses
- Ventilated catering – For food sellers cooking on site
- Casual stalls: They are flexible stores that can be rented daily or weekly. In addition, there are also mobile stalls ideal for start up and test businesses.
- Refreshment: For prepack and off-the-shelf food retailers
Opening days and time
Stalls are open from Monday to Saturday. Opening hours are:
- 8 to 5pm from Tuesday to Thursday
- 8am to 4pm on Saturdays
- 8am to 2pm on Mondays
What they offer
The Pontypool indoor market offers a range of goods and services including:
- A wide range of fresh fruits and vegetables
- Bakery stalls offering tasty baked treats
- Snack shops that have dinnertime snacks.
- Unisex hairdressing shops for all ages
- Cafe serving tea, coffee and cooked food.
- Designer brand clothing and accessories at quality prices
- Jewellery shops selling jewellery at affordable prices
- Baby shops selling clothes, prams, bassinets and other accessories
- Flowers shops selling sweet smelling and fresh
- Customized gifts for all occasions
- Retro antiques you can use to redecorate your home
- Linens shop
- Butcher’s stalls that sell choice cuts meat and homemade sausages
- Business offices you can use to start a business e.g. dentist shop, chemist etc.
Charges for traders
Casual stalls can be rented at £5 a day. Total stall costs is between £35 and 140£. You get an option for a test trading 6 month license, 3 year license or 12 month license. Traders also to get A range of business services by the council
It is located at market street, Pontypool town center. The post code is NP4 6JW.
During the Corona virus pandemic Pontypool market was among those closed down for safety reasons. The indoor market has been working together with traders and Torfaen county Borough. Furthermore, workers have been hired to ensure safety and cleanliness after reopening.
Even if you have an online shop it would be nice to give your business a physical location at Pontypool market. It is a great location and offers test trade opportunities to new traders. The application process is easy. They also have helpful and friendly staff. Due to the wide customer base, you can even set up guns and accessories for shooting stall here. Stalls are also available for booking online.